Welcome to Real Life Style Blog!

Can changing your wardrobe really change your life? Of course it can! Imagine how light and powerful you would feel if 100% of the clothes in your closet were the right clothes for you right now. Imagine that your wardrobe reflected both your personality and your personal style, while suiting your lifestyle. That, ladies and gentlemen, is called Real Life Style. Want to be able to look and feel put together in just 2 minutes a day? You can.

Click here for more information about how you can work with Lani and click here to schedule your free consultation. Because fashion should be an outlet for fun, not frustration!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Guest Post From My Unfashionable (But Not Evil) Twin


This week I have a guest post for you from Natasha Nadel, my identical, unfashionable, (but not evil) twin sister.

 

4 Tips For The Naturally Unfashionable


"You're talking to the wrong twin." This is my response when my husband or friends ask if something looks good on them or if their outfit matches. We may have come from the same egg, but we didn't come from the same closet. Here's my take on this whole style thing.
Have no fear. Whether you stare into the mirror and have no idea if something fits or flatters you; or have recently changed weight and don’t know how to dress your new body, there’s hope for you! How do I know? Because there is hope for me! Lani and I were joking the other day that when it comes to fashion, she just can’t teach me to fish on my own!
I know we’re not all blessed to have a fashion stylist as an identical twin sister. But unfortunately I’m not a wealthy celebrity who can just move her into my house to help every morning when I get dressed. That, and her family might mind… So I’ve had to come up with a new way to cope on my own.
I have a new personal motto: KISS (Keep it Simple and you too can be Stylish).
Tip #1
Don’t buy anything that can’t be returned and always keep your receipt! Smart phones have helped my situation considerably because I can now just take a picture of the shoes or shirt I’m asking about in the store and send it to her. I say "asking about", and not "unsure of", because sometimes I'm sure but Lani is horrified by my purchase. However, she does run her own business and is not always available at my beck and call!
Tip #2
Have a signature piece of clothing. Lani has blogged about the idea of a personal uniform. That makes sense to me. But how to get there? I was helping someone the other day with her novel and talking about creating strong characters for the book. One suggestion? What is your character’s signature piece of clothing? Biker boots? A motorcycle jacket? A cashmere cardigan? Dreadlocks? Stilettos? A while back my sister told me my "mom uniform" should be a blazer with jeans so that I always looked and felt "put-together". I get that but I’m just not comfortable in structured clothes like blazers unless I’m in an office for the day. Enter this season’s sweatshirt blazers and cardigans. Every day now I start with what cardigan or soft jacket I want to wear and build my outfit from there. Just add shirt and bottom for an instant outfit.

Tip #3

Have your go-to simple jewelry…and your funky chunky bracelet for when you are just going to wear all black (ditto on dangly sparkly earrings-but never with glasses-says Lani). Jewelry is usually too complicated for me so I don’t really try unless I have my expert (Lani) on hand. I just wear my push prize II diamond circle necklace and maybe (if I’m getting fancy) my push prize I bracelet.
Tip #4
Find your Lani! Since she can’t always be with us (although she does work via Skype), you'll have to find a stand-in. Everyone has a stylish friend, or at least one who will be honest about how your butt looks in your new jeans. Just make sure it is one who won’t take out their own insecurities on you. Guess who taught me that?
P.S. from Lani
Think my sis is a riot? Want to read more? Sign up for her new blog, "Healthy Family, Healthy You" here

No comments:

Post a Comment